J&K drug scam: Chargesheet filed against 3 govt officials
Jammu: The crime branch of Jammu and Kashmir Police has filed charge-sheet against three senior government officials for their "culpable role" in the spurious drug scam that rocked the state earlier this year.
The crime branch Tuesday filed the charge-sheet before a special court against the officials -- Project Director of AIDS Control Society Madhu Khullar, chairperson of Purchase Committee-II of Government Medical College-Jammu Reva Gupta, and committee member Joginder Kumar -- for their role in clearing fake and fictitious documents.
Khullar was then the Director of Health Services in Jammu, Gupta the administrator of Associated Hospitals, and Kumar the accounts officer of Jammu Government Medical College, a crime branch CB official said.
The accused were involved in clearing fake and fictitious document of drug supplier Lifeline Pharmaco Surgicals, which had resulted in supply of spurious drug `Maximizin-625 mg` to the state Health Department, according to the charge-sheet.
The accused officials had misused their official position for extraneous considerations, it charged. The crime branch had filed the preliminary charge-sheet in the case June 20.
However, the investigation in regards to certain aspects of the case was in progress and the sanction for prosecution of the three officials was also awaited.
The matter has been posted to December 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke