J&K earthquake: Govt tells people not to panic
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday asked the people of quake-hit areas of Doda and Kishtwar districts not to panic due to frequent tremors and assured that no stone would be left unturned to save their lives and properties.
"The entire government machinery is geared up to meet any eventuality in the wake of intermittent tremors that shook the region, as it falls in the high seismic zone. The inhabitants should not be panicky as the government was fully abreast with the situation and no stone will be left unturned to save lives and property of the people," Minister of State for Home Sajad Ahmad Kichloo said.
Interacting with several deputations from quake-hit areas, the minister said both Central and the state governments are liberally providing full support for rescue and rehabilitation measures in the affected areas.
The deputation from Kishtwar was led by the district president of National Conference Tanveer Ahmad Kichloo and the deputation from Doda was headed by the party`s district vice-president Rehmat-ullah, who apprised the minister about the problems and difficulties faced by the affected people, an official spokesman said.
The minister told the deputations that measures are underway to provide adequate tents and ration to the affected people.
Later, the party`s MLC Ajat Shatru Singh met Kichloo and offered to donate Rs 50 lakh for relief to the earthquake victims, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people