J&K education minister resigns over examgate
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Education Minister
Peerzada Mohammad Sayeed on Friday resigned from the council of
ministers in the wake of examination scandal involving his
"I have resigned from the council of ministers. I have
forwarded my resignation to the party high command", Peerzada
told reporters here.
"It is their decision now to decide on it. I do not want
to create problems for the party", Peerzada said.
Jammu and Kashmir Police`s Crime Branch has found alleged
irregularities in the answer sheets of his foster-son in 10th
examination which he had passed and submitted report to the
government on February 7.
"As far as my statement to the media is concerned, I will
call a press conference in a day or two and reveal all facts
before the media", Peerzada said.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah had on one hand said the
Minister (Peerzada) was not involved but on the other said his
fate would be decided in the next 24 hours, Peerzada remarked
adding "I am not a kid and it was an attack on my integrity
and political career of four decades".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step