J&K employees to observe three-day strike from Jan 8
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government employees will hold a three-day strike starting from January 8 to press for their demands which include extension of retirement age and a policy on regularisation of daily wagers.
"State government employees will hold a 3-day long strike from January 8 to protest against failure of the government to fulfil their demands," said employee leader Gafoor Dar today.
During the three-day strike, employees will sit on dharna at the gates of government offices, schools and other establishments across the state, he said.
Workers will hold protest demonstrations on January 9 and 10, and will take out rallies in Jammu and Srinagar, he said.
He also requested Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and Finance Minister AR Rather to intervene into the matter.
Employees are demanding extension of their retirement age from the existing 58 to 60 years, regularisation of ad-hoc and daily wage employees, removal of pay anomalies and increase in the emoluments of Anganwadi workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets