J&K encounter enters 3rd day, Army officer killed
Srinagar: An encounter between the security forces and militants in north Kashmir’s Kuwara district entered its third day on Wednesday.
Seven persons, including an Army officer and four militants, were killed in the fierce overnight gun battle.
The encounter broke out at Awathkul forest area of Kralipora, 130 kms from here, when police assisted by Army launched a search operation following information about presence of heavily armed militants.
The casualties suffered by militants could not be ascertained immediately as it is a difficult terrain.
However, an Army officer was quoted as saying that it would take some more time to flush out the remaining militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash