J&K encounter enters 3rd day, Army officer killed
Srinagar: An encounter between the security forces and militants in north Kashmir’s Kuwara district entered its third day on Wednesday.
Seven persons, including an Army officer and four militants, were killed in the fierce overnight gun battle.
The encounter broke out at Awathkul forest area of Kralipora, 130 kms from here, when police assisted by Army launched a search operation following information about presence of heavily armed militants.
The casualties suffered by militants could not be ascertained immediately as it is a difficult terrain.
However, an Army officer was quoted as saying that it would take some more time to flush out the remaining militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt