J&K encounter: Major Thege cremated with full state honours
Chhindwara (MP): The mortal remains of
Major Amit Thege, who laid down his life fighting terrorists
in Jammu and Kashmir on July 13 were consigned to flames with
full state honours at a local Mokshadham (crematorium).
Thege`s body was brought here via Nagpur where large
number of people paid floral tributes to the martyred armyman.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
along with his cabinet colleagues Gauri Shankar Bisen and Nana
Mahod reached Chhindwara on the occasion to pay their tributes
to the departed soul.
Chouhan announced an ex-gratia of Rs 10 lakh for the
kin of Thege. He also announced to name a road in front of his
residence as Major Amit Thege Road and also to install his
bust at any prominent square of the city.
The Chief Minister also said that the entry gate of
the city will also be named after the martyred Major.
Rajya Sabha MP Ansuia Uike also paid her tributes to
Thege on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack