J&K encounter: Major Thege cremated with full state honours
Chhindwara (MP): The mortal remains of
Major Amit Thege, who laid down his life fighting terrorists
in Jammu and Kashmir on July 13 were consigned to flames with
full state honours at a local Mokshadham (crematorium).
Thege`s body was brought here via Nagpur where large
number of people paid floral tributes to the martyred armyman.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
along with his cabinet colleagues Gauri Shankar Bisen and Nana
Mahod reached Chhindwara on the occasion to pay their tributes
to the departed soul.
Chouhan announced an ex-gratia of Rs 10 lakh for the
kin of Thege. He also announced to name a road in front of his
residence as Major Amit Thege Road and also to install his
bust at any prominent square of the city.
The Chief Minister also said that the entry gate of
the city will also be named after the martyred Major.
Rajya Sabha MP Ansuia Uike also paid her tributes to
Thege on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...