J&K encounter: Major Thege cremated with full state honours
Chhindwara (MP): The mortal remains of
Major Amit Thege, who laid down his life fighting terrorists
in Jammu and Kashmir on July 13 were consigned to flames with
full state honours at a local Mokshadham (crematorium).
Thege`s body was brought here via Nagpur where large
number of people paid floral tributes to the martyred armyman.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
along with his cabinet colleagues Gauri Shankar Bisen and Nana
Mahod reached Chhindwara on the occasion to pay their tributes
to the departed soul.
Chouhan announced an ex-gratia of Rs 10 lakh for the
kin of Thege. He also announced to name a road in front of his
residence as Major Amit Thege Road and also to install his
bust at any prominent square of the city.
The Chief Minister also said that the entry gate of
the city will also be named after the martyred Major.
Rajya Sabha MP Ansuia Uike also paid her tributes to
Thege on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!