J&K encounter: Major Thege cremated with full state honours
Chhindwara (MP): The mortal remains of
Major Amit Thege, who laid down his life fighting terrorists
in Jammu and Kashmir on July 13 were consigned to flames with
full state honours at a local Mokshadham (crematorium).
Thege`s body was brought here via Nagpur where large
number of people paid floral tributes to the martyred armyman.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
along with his cabinet colleagues Gauri Shankar Bisen and Nana
Mahod reached Chhindwara on the occasion to pay their tributes
to the departed soul.
Chouhan announced an ex-gratia of Rs 10 lakh for the
kin of Thege. He also announced to name a road in front of his
residence as Major Amit Thege Road and also to install his
bust at any prominent square of the city.
The Chief Minister also said that the entry gate of
the city will also be named after the martyred Major.
Rajya Sabha MP Ansuia Uike also paid her tributes to
Thege on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’