J&K: Father charged with sacrificing son
Jammu: Police in Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri border district on Saturday charged a father and his spiritual guru with killing a four-year-old boy to attain spiritual powers.
A police statement issued here Saturday said: "In one of the most bizarre and inhuman acts of killing a four-year old boy by his father and his spiritual guru, Rajouri Police today produced a charge sheet against them in the court of law".
A senior police officer told a news agency that police learnt that "Raj Kumar alias Raju Baba, son of Bir Chand resident of Kuldabi, Tehsil Sunderbani, had buried the dead body of his son Shubam Sharma, aged four years, inside the Bhero temple where he used to worship."
The officer said that the boy had died during the intervening night of Feb 11-12 this year under suspicious circumstances.
"During the course of enquiry, the body was exhumed for post-mortem after obtaining orders from the district magistrate," the official added.
"During investigation, it was found that on February 8, Raj Kumar had gone to the house of his spiritual guru Madan Lal to participate in a religious ceremony. Madan Lal motivated Raj Kumar to sacrifice his son for attaining spiritual powers and eternal richness," the officer added.
"On February 11, he strangulated his four-year-old son and informed his guru Madan Lal. They buried the child in the temple premises during the night without informing anyone," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`