J&K flash floods: 22 people rescued
Jammu: Twenty-two people trapped in flash floods in Kathua and Jammu districts on Saturday were safely rescued by police and locals, officials said.
"After a three-hour-long operation, 22 people trapped in Kathua and Jammu have been safely rescued by police and locals," an official said.
Of the 22 people rescued, 15 were trapped in Kathua and seven in Jammu district, he said.
Meanwhile, a flash flood alert has been sounded in Jammu region, where intermittent overnight rains resulted in the flooding of rivers, officials said.
Water level in Chenab, Tawi, Ujh and Basantar rivers are nearing the danger mark, they said, adding that people living in low-lying areas have been alerted and warned of flash floods. They have also been asked to keep away from banks of the flooded rivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling