J&K for easing of cross border trade restrictions
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said he would take up with the Centre the
issue of easing restrictions on crossborder trade to further
strengthen the Confidence Building Measure (CBM) in the state.
"We will take up the issue of easing restrictions on the
Cross-LoC trade with the Central Government and advocate
banking and communication facilities for the traders," Omar
said while addressing a high-level meeting, attended by
representatives of the Associations of LoC Traders.
"This strong Confidence Building Measure (CBM) requires
to be strengthened by removing all bottlenecks and nurturing
it to the benefit of the traders of both the sides of LoC," he
He said the issues within the jurisdiction of State would
be addressed by the State government on fast track while those
requiring Centre Government?s approval would be thoroughly
taken up at the right fora.
The Chief Minister announced that state government would
consider the concession on VAT to the items to be exported by
the traders from this part of the LoC to the other side.
"The Finance Department has already finalized a proposal
in concurrence with the Law Department to this effect," he
said adding in order to allow VAT concession to the LoC
traders, an amendment is required in the VAT Act.
He said the Government would move ahead in this direction
on fast track.
The meeting was also attended by Minister of State for
Home Nasir Aslam Wani, Chief Secretary Madhav Lal, Director
General of State Police Kuldeep Khoda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport