J&K for easing of cross border trade restrictions
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said he would take up with the Centre the
issue of easing restrictions on crossborder trade to further
strengthen the Confidence Building Measure (CBM) in the state.
"We will take up the issue of easing restrictions on the
Cross-LoC trade with the Central Government and advocate
banking and communication facilities for the traders," Omar
said while addressing a high-level meeting, attended by
representatives of the Associations of LoC Traders.
"This strong Confidence Building Measure (CBM) requires
to be strengthened by removing all bottlenecks and nurturing
it to the benefit of the traders of both the sides of LoC," he
He said the issues within the jurisdiction of State would
be addressed by the State government on fast track while those
requiring Centre Government?s approval would be thoroughly
taken up at the right fora.
The Chief Minister announced that state government would
consider the concession on VAT to the items to be exported by
the traders from this part of the LoC to the other side.
"The Finance Department has already finalized a proposal
in concurrence with the Law Department to this effect," he
said adding in order to allow VAT concession to the LoC
traders, an amendment is required in the VAT Act.
He said the Government would move ahead in this direction
on fast track.
The meeting was also attended by Minister of State for
Home Nasir Aslam Wani, Chief Secretary Madhav Lal, Director
General of State Police Kuldeep Khoda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi