J&K for easing of cross border trade restrictions
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said he would take up with the Centre the
issue of easing restrictions on crossborder trade to further
strengthen the Confidence Building Measure (CBM) in the state.
"We will take up the issue of easing restrictions on the
Cross-LoC trade with the Central Government and advocate
banking and communication facilities for the traders," Omar
said while addressing a high-level meeting, attended by
representatives of the Associations of LoC Traders.
"This strong Confidence Building Measure (CBM) requires
to be strengthened by removing all bottlenecks and nurturing
it to the benefit of the traders of both the sides of LoC," he
He said the issues within the jurisdiction of State would
be addressed by the State government on fast track while those
requiring Centre Government?s approval would be thoroughly
taken up at the right fora.
The Chief Minister announced that state government would
consider the concession on VAT to the items to be exported by
the traders from this part of the LoC to the other side.
"The Finance Department has already finalized a proposal
in concurrence with the Law Department to this effect," he
said adding in order to allow VAT concession to the LoC
traders, an amendment is required in the VAT Act.
He said the Government would move ahead in this direction
on fast track.
The meeting was also attended by Minister of State for
Home Nasir Aslam Wani, Chief Secretary Madhav Lal, Director
General of State Police Kuldeep Khoda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh