J&K: Fourth annual pilgrimage to Gangabal begins
Srinagar: The fourth annual yatra to the holy lake of Gangabal located in Harmukh mountain ranges in Kashmir valley began on Saturday.
Organised by All Party Migrant Coordination Committee (APMCC), the three-day yatra to the 14,500 feet high shrine was flagged office from Naran Nag base camp in Ganderbal district, around 40 km from here.
APMCC chairman Vinod Pandita, who led the yatra, expressed hope that the pilgrimage shall be held in a "good and cordial atmosphere" like in the last three years.
Vedic Yajna (rites) will be performed at the shrine tomorrow on the occasion of Ganga Ashtmi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket