J&K: Fourth annual pilgrimage to Gangabal begins
Srinagar: The fourth annual yatra to the holy lake of Gangabal located in Harmukh mountain ranges in Kashmir valley began on Saturday.
Organised by All Party Migrant Coordination Committee (APMCC), the three-day yatra to the 14,500 feet high shrine was flagged office from Naran Nag base camp in Ganderbal district, around 40 km from here.
APMCC chairman Vinod Pandita, who led the yatra, expressed hope that the pilgrimage shall be held in a "good and cordial atmosphere" like in the last three years.
Vedic Yajna (rites) will be performed at the shrine tomorrow on the occasion of Ganga Ashtmi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India