J&K gets award for e-Governance
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir`s efforts to provide administration with the use of Information Technology has won it the acclaimed CSI-Nihilent Award for e-Governance.
Special Secretary, Jammu and Kashmir, Amit Sharma won the award for the conceptualisation, creation and launching of e-governance site `www.Dudubasantgarh.Gov.In`, the first such website of a sub-division in the state.
The Computer Society of India (CSI)-Nihilent award was given to Sharma by Secretary, Information Technology, Government of India, J Satyanarayana at the 48th Annual Convention of the society held yesterday at Vishakhapatnam, an official release said here on Sunday.
Sharma, who is also championing the implementation of e-Governance in J&K government from IIM-Indore, had launched the e-governance site `www.Dudubasantgarh.Gov.In` when he was SDM Dudu Basantgarh.
Speaking at the function, Sharma dedicated the award to the people of Dudu Basantgarh who inspired him to take this remotest Sub Division to new heights.
Tech-savvy Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and his team of officers have rolled out many IT initiatives to provide transparent and accountable administration in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark