J&K gets award for e-Governance
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir`s efforts to provide administration with the use of Information Technology has won it the acclaimed CSI-Nihilent Award for e-Governance.
Special Secretary, Jammu and Kashmir, Amit Sharma won the award for the conceptualisation, creation and launching of e-governance site `www.Dudubasantgarh.Gov.In`, the first such website of a sub-division in the state.
The Computer Society of India (CSI)-Nihilent award was given to Sharma by Secretary, Information Technology, Government of India, J Satyanarayana at the 48th Annual Convention of the society held yesterday at Vishakhapatnam, an official release said here on Sunday.
Sharma, who is also championing the implementation of e-Governance in J&K government from IIM-Indore, had launched the e-governance site `www.Dudubasantgarh.Gov.In` when he was SDM Dudu Basantgarh.
Speaking at the function, Sharma dedicated the award to the people of Dudu Basantgarh who inspired him to take this remotest Sub Division to new heights.
Tech-savvy Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and his team of officers have rolled out many IT initiatives to provide transparent and accountable administration in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional