J&K gets award for e-Governance
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir`s efforts to provide administration with the use of Information Technology has won it the acclaimed CSI-Nihilent Award for e-Governance.
Special Secretary, Jammu and Kashmir, Amit Sharma won the award for the conceptualisation, creation and launching of e-governance site `www.Dudubasantgarh.Gov.In`, the first such website of a sub-division in the state.
The Computer Society of India (CSI)-Nihilent award was given to Sharma by Secretary, Information Technology, Government of India, J Satyanarayana at the 48th Annual Convention of the society held yesterday at Vishakhapatnam, an official release said here on Sunday.
Sharma, who is also championing the implementation of e-Governance in J&K government from IIM-Indore, had launched the e-governance site `www.Dudubasantgarh.Gov.In` when he was SDM Dudu Basantgarh.
Speaking at the function, Sharma dedicated the award to the people of Dudu Basantgarh who inspired him to take this remotest Sub Division to new heights.
Tech-savvy Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and his team of officers have rolled out many IT initiatives to provide transparent and accountable administration in Jammu and Kashmir.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!