J&K gets first Passport Seva Kendra
Jammu: To expedite the issuance of passports and ease the burden on the local passport office here, the Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday got its first Passport Seva Kendra in the winter capital.
"We have opened first Passport Seva Kendra in Jammu and Kashmir for providing better and faster services to the citizens of the state," Passport Officer Rajinder Gupta told reporters here today.
The operational launch of the PSK was done by Chief Passport Officer and Joint Secretary Muktesh Pardeshi.
"This is a good news for the people of Jammu, who aspire to get passports and want to avail miscellaneous passport services at a faster pace and better services," Gupta said.
"The Ministry of External Affairs has opened PSK in partnership with Tata Consultancy Services at the Regional Passport Office here, and the centre will have various amenities for citizens along with ambiance and quality of service delivery at par with international standards," he said.
As part of national implementation of Passport Seva Project under the National eGovernance Programme (NeGP), PSKs are being set up to provide services in a comfortable environment using world class infrastructure, he said.
PSK will provide services to the citizens of other districts of Jammu, Samba, Kathua, Doda, Kishtwar, Rajouri, Poonch, Ramban, Reasi and Udhampur, Gupta said.
Conceived by the MEA, the PSKs function under Passport SEva Project with Tata Consultancy Services as service provider responsible for setting up and operating 77 PSKs across the country, Gupta said.
Of these, two are being opened in state one each in Jammu and Srinagar, Gupta said adding the Kendra would be opened in Srinagar in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India