J&K gets first Passport Seva Kendra
Jammu: To expedite the issuance of passports and ease the burden on the local passport office here, the Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday got its first Passport Seva Kendra in the winter capital.
"We have opened first Passport Seva Kendra in Jammu and Kashmir for providing better and faster services to the citizens of the state," Passport Officer Rajinder Gupta told reporters here today.
The operational launch of the PSK was done by Chief Passport Officer and Joint Secretary Muktesh Pardeshi.
"This is a good news for the people of Jammu, who aspire to get passports and want to avail miscellaneous passport services at a faster pace and better services," Gupta said.
"The Ministry of External Affairs has opened PSK in partnership with Tata Consultancy Services at the Regional Passport Office here, and the centre will have various amenities for citizens along with ambiance and quality of service delivery at par with international standards," he said.
As part of national implementation of Passport Seva Project under the National eGovernance Programme (NeGP), PSKs are being set up to provide services in a comfortable environment using world class infrastructure, he said.
PSK will provide services to the citizens of other districts of Jammu, Samba, Kathua, Doda, Kishtwar, Rajouri, Poonch, Ramban, Reasi and Udhampur, Gupta said.
Conceived by the MEA, the PSKs function under Passport SEva Project with Tata Consultancy Services as service provider responsible for setting up and operating 77 PSKs across the country, Gupta said.
Of these, two are being opened in state one each in Jammu and Srinagar, Gupta said adding the Kendra would be opened in Srinagar in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon