J&K gets first Passport Seva Kendra
Jammu: To expedite the issuance of passports and ease the burden on the local passport office here, the Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday got its first Passport Seva Kendra in the winter capital.
"We have opened first Passport Seva Kendra in Jammu and Kashmir for providing better and faster services to the citizens of the state," Passport Officer Rajinder Gupta told reporters here today.
The operational launch of the PSK was done by Chief Passport Officer and Joint Secretary Muktesh Pardeshi.
"This is a good news for the people of Jammu, who aspire to get passports and want to avail miscellaneous passport services at a faster pace and better services," Gupta said.
"The Ministry of External Affairs has opened PSK in partnership with Tata Consultancy Services at the Regional Passport Office here, and the centre will have various amenities for citizens along with ambiance and quality of service delivery at par with international standards," he said.
As part of national implementation of Passport Seva Project under the National eGovernance Programme (NeGP), PSKs are being set up to provide services in a comfortable environment using world class infrastructure, he said.
PSK will provide services to the citizens of other districts of Jammu, Samba, Kathua, Doda, Kishtwar, Rajouri, Poonch, Ramban, Reasi and Udhampur, Gupta said.
Conceived by the MEA, the PSKs function under Passport SEva Project with Tata Consultancy Services as service provider responsible for setting up and operating 77 PSKs across the country, Gupta said.
Of these, two are being opened in state one each in Jammu and Srinagar, Gupta said adding the Kendra would be opened in Srinagar in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Mother Teresa's canonisation portends more conversions: VHP
- Feeling proud over Mother Teresa's canonisation: PM Modi
- Oil tanker operators again suspend supplies to Kashmir Valley
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2