J&K girl among top five successful candidates in IFoS
New Delhi: A girl from Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri district is among the top five successful candidates who have qualified Indian Forest Service (IFoS) examination, 2012.
As many as 85 candidates, including 28 belonging to other backward classes (OBCs), 14 to the scheduled castes (SCs) and six to the scheduled tribes (STs), have qualified the exam.
Shaveta Jandial, who hails from the border town of Rajouri under Jammu region, has achieved fifth position in the examination, according to the result declared yesterday.
The written examination for IFoS 2012 was held by the Union Public Service Commission in July last year and the personality test was conducted in February this year.
UPSC has opened a facilitation counter near examination hall in its campus. Candidates can obtain any information or clarification on the working days between 1000 hrs to 1700 hrs in person or over telephone numbers 23385271, 23381125, 23098543.
Earlier, Shah Faisal, a doctor from Kupwara district of militancy hit J&K, had topped civil services examination 2009, result of which was declared in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?