J&K girl among top five successful candidates in IFoS
New Delhi: A girl from Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri district is among the top five successful candidates who have qualified Indian Forest Service (IFoS) examination, 2012.
As many as 85 candidates, including 28 belonging to other backward classes (OBCs), 14 to the scheduled castes (SCs) and six to the scheduled tribes (STs), have qualified the exam.
Shaveta Jandial, who hails from the border town of Rajouri under Jammu region, has achieved fifth position in the examination, according to the result declared yesterday.
The written examination for IFoS 2012 was held by the Union Public Service Commission in July last year and the personality test was conducted in February this year.
UPSC has opened a facilitation counter near examination hall in its campus. Candidates can obtain any information or clarification on the working days between 1000 hrs to 1700 hrs in person or over telephone numbers 23385271, 23381125, 23098543.
Earlier, Shah Faisal, a doctor from Kupwara district of militancy hit J&K, had topped civil services examination 2009, result of which was declared in 2010.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory