J&K girl among top five successful candidates in IFoS
New Delhi: A girl from Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri district is among the top five successful candidates who have qualified Indian Forest Service (IFoS) examination, 2012.
As many as 85 candidates, including 28 belonging to other backward classes (OBCs), 14 to the scheduled castes (SCs) and six to the scheduled tribes (STs), have qualified the exam.
Shaveta Jandial, who hails from the border town of Rajouri under Jammu region, has achieved fifth position in the examination, according to the result declared yesterday.
The written examination for IFoS 2012 was held by the Union Public Service Commission in July last year and the personality test was conducted in February this year.
UPSC has opened a facilitation counter near examination hall in its campus. Candidates can obtain any information or clarification on the working days between 1000 hrs to 1700 hrs in person or over telephone numbers 23385271, 23381125, 23098543.
Earlier, Shah Faisal, a doctor from Kupwara district of militancy hit J&K, had topped civil services examination 2009, result of which was declared in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!