J&K: Good response to Army recruitment drive
Srinagar: A week-long recruitment drive
by the Army in Anantnag district has registered "very good"
response with about 6,000 youth from across Kashmir turning up
for it, a senior official said.
"About 6,000 candidates have reported for the
recruitment till Friday. The open recruitment rally at High
ground in Anantnag district was flagged off on March 12,"
Deputy Director General Recruiting (Punjab and J&K) Brigadier
Vinod Raizada told reporters.
The huge turnout suggests that "the youth has realised
the importance of the Army and are exhibiting keen desire to
join the force," he said.
There would be more recruitment rallies to give
opportunities to all aspirants in the state and these were
part of efforts by the Army in generating employment for the
youth of the Kashmir, he said.
On administrative support for the Anantnag rally, he said
that it was being provided by 1 Sector Rashtriya Rifles under
the aegis of Victor Force and district administration of
General Officer Commanding, Victor Force, Major
General Gurdeep Singh, had visited the rally yesterday, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley