J&K: Good response to Army recruitment drive
Srinagar: A week-long recruitment drive
by the Army in Anantnag district has registered "very good"
response with about 6,000 youth from across Kashmir turning up
for it, a senior official said.
"About 6,000 candidates have reported for the
recruitment till Friday. The open recruitment rally at High
ground in Anantnag district was flagged off on March 12,"
Deputy Director General Recruiting (Punjab and J&K) Brigadier
Vinod Raizada told reporters.
The huge turnout suggests that "the youth has realised
the importance of the Army and are exhibiting keen desire to
join the force," he said.
There would be more recruitment rallies to give
opportunities to all aspirants in the state and these were
part of efforts by the Army in generating employment for the
youth of the Kashmir, he said.
On administrative support for the Anantnag rally, he said
that it was being provided by 1 Sector Rashtriya Rifles under
the aegis of Victor Force and district administration of
General Officer Commanding, Victor Force, Major
General Gurdeep Singh, had visited the rally yesterday, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Brexit: Could Britain's withdrawal from EU still be averted?
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam