J&K: Good response to Army recruitment drive
Srinagar: A week-long recruitment drive
by the Army in Anantnag district has registered "very good"
response with about 6,000 youth from across Kashmir turning up
for it, a senior official said.
"About 6,000 candidates have reported for the
recruitment till Friday. The open recruitment rally at High
ground in Anantnag district was flagged off on March 12,"
Deputy Director General Recruiting (Punjab and J&K) Brigadier
Vinod Raizada told reporters.
The huge turnout suggests that "the youth has realised
the importance of the Army and are exhibiting keen desire to
join the force," he said.
There would be more recruitment rallies to give
opportunities to all aspirants in the state and these were
part of efforts by the Army in generating employment for the
youth of the Kashmir, he said.
On administrative support for the Anantnag rally, he said
that it was being provided by 1 Sector Rashtriya Rifles under
the aegis of Victor Force and district administration of
General Officer Commanding, Victor Force, Major
General Gurdeep Singh, had visited the rally yesterday, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state