J&K government bans re-appointment of retired officials
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday decided to ban the re-employment of retired government officials in the state administration, an official here said.
The decision was taken in a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, a state government spokesperson said.
"The Cabinet has directed the general administration department not to entertain any such proposal. Other departments have also been directed not to submit such proposals," the spokesperson added.
The Omar Abdullah government has been facing flak over re-appointment of more than 50 retired government officials in prestigious assignments in the state.
Officials said there were also some heated exchanges between the ministers of National Conference and alliance partner Congress party in the meeting over the posting of the senior superintendent of police for Jammu district. The decision has been put on hold for the time being.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!
- Bizarre: Man puts wife at stake in IPL gambling, loses her
- Awesome! Taapsee Pannu gives a dose of royal purple to her gorgeous tresses! – See pic
- Stunner Shilpa Shetty gives ultimate 'summer fashion' goals in crisp white!
- Is Delhi on terror radar? This week's bus explosion in Haryana hints at 'something big'