J&K government closes 18 ultra sound clinics
Jammu: In a drive against sex determination
tests the Jammu and Kashmir government on Sunday sealed 18 Ultra
Sound Clinic (USCs) for violating norms.
"We have so far sealed 18 US clinics during a campaign
launched against illegal and unlawful operation of these
clinics in Jammu region during past 3 days period," senior
officials of state health ministry said.
Giving a break-up, they said six such clinics were
sealed in Rajouri, five in Udhampur, four in Jammu and three
in Samba district.
The drive was launched by a team of health department
headed by Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) of the respective
districts, they said.
"The campaign of monitoring the activities of ultra
sound clinics, which are operating un-lawfully without proper
permission, will continue and it would be launched soon in
other districts," they said.
Jammu and Kashmir is one of the three major states
where sex ratio has declined as compared to Census 2001. The
other two states are Bihar and Gujarat. State`s overall sex
ratio has been pegged at 883 females per 1000 males indicating
a fall of 9 points compared to 2001 Census, according to
provisional figures of 2011 Census. While the ratio is 940 at
The health department has instruction from the Minister
for Health and Family Welfare, Sham Lal Sharma to take stern
action against all those clinics which were flouting norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says