J&K government closes 18 ultra sound clinics
Jammu: In a drive against sex determination
tests the Jammu and Kashmir government on Sunday sealed 18 Ultra
Sound Clinic (USCs) for violating norms.
"We have so far sealed 18 US clinics during a campaign
launched against illegal and unlawful operation of these
clinics in Jammu region during past 3 days period," senior
officials of state health ministry said.
Giving a break-up, they said six such clinics were
sealed in Rajouri, five in Udhampur, four in Jammu and three
in Samba district.
The drive was launched by a team of health department
headed by Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) of the respective
districts, they said.
"The campaign of monitoring the activities of ultra
sound clinics, which are operating un-lawfully without proper
permission, will continue and it would be launched soon in
other districts," they said.
Jammu and Kashmir is one of the three major states
where sex ratio has declined as compared to Census 2001. The
other two states are Bihar and Gujarat. State`s overall sex
ratio has been pegged at 883 females per 1000 males indicating
a fall of 9 points compared to 2001 Census, according to
provisional figures of 2011 Census. While the ratio is 940 at
The health department has instruction from the Minister
for Health and Family Welfare, Sham Lal Sharma to take stern
action against all those clinics which were flouting norms.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- CTET May 8 exam: CBSE releases admit cards, eligible list for Haryana candidates
- Arvind Kejriwal lauds PM Narendra Modi's Cabinet Minister Suresh Prabhu – Know why
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside
- SHOCKING! Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar's sons involved in major controversy in Scotland - Read full story
- Kerala Assembly Election 2016: Arun Jaitley to release NDA's vision document today