J&K government official found dead in his house
Srinagar: A state government official was found dead on Saturday in his rented house in Dalgate area of the city, police said.
Mohammad Shafi Bhat (55), who worked with the Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Development Corporation (JKTDC), was found dead in his room at Buchwara locality, they said.
Bhat was a resident of Baderwah area of Jammu region and the cause of his death was not known immediately, they said adding his body has been sent for autopsy.
Meanwhile in a separate incident, body of 65-year-old person was recovered from the Dangerwari stream in Handwara, 80 km from here.
The victim, identified as Habibullah Teeli, is suspected to have drowned in the stream, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband