J&K government wants verification of appointment orders to stem forgery
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has directed officials to verify appointment orders following reports that some fake orders are being produced by some unscrupulous elements to dupe unemployed youths.
"Appointment orders shall only be entertained after verification, confirmation and authentication by the issuing authority," an order issued by the General Administration Department (GAD) stated.
The order, issued on Wednesday, directed Administrative Secretaries and Heads of all departments, Divisional Commissioners, Deputy Commissioners and officials before whom any appointment order is produced to entertain such orders only after these are authenticated by the issuing authority.
The order was issued after the GAD received reports that some fake appointment orders are being produced by unscrupulous elements.
"A tendency of issuing fake appointment orders is more witnessed at the time of closure of offices at Srinagar or Jammu (during the bi-annual `darbar` move under which the government functions six months each in the twin capitals during summer and winter)..." the order reads.
The GAD said confirmation over phone could be obtained in the first instance to be followed by a formal confirmation to expedite the matter.
"Any fake appointment order presented before any officer be referred to the Inspector General of Police (Crime), Jammu and Kashmir and Police Station concerned for registration of an FIR against the culprits," the order said.
It said the home department shall, under an intimation to the GAD, direct the Inspector General of Police to give top priority to all such cases and ensure speedy investigation against the person(s) involved in such cases.
"The matter shall also be reported to the concerned Administrative Department(s) who shall monitor and keep GAD apprised of the action taken in such cases," the order said.
There have been numerous instances in the past when unscrupulous elements duped unemployed youth of lakhs of rupees by handing over fake appointment orders to them.
Several persons were arrested over the past few years and chargesheet filed in fake recruitment cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM