J&K government wants verification of appointment orders to stem forgery
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has directed officials to verify appointment orders following reports that some fake orders are being produced by some unscrupulous elements to dupe unemployed youths.
"Appointment orders shall only be entertained after verification, confirmation and authentication by the issuing authority," an order issued by the General Administration Department (GAD) stated.
The order, issued on Wednesday, directed Administrative Secretaries and Heads of all departments, Divisional Commissioners, Deputy Commissioners and officials before whom any appointment order is produced to entertain such orders only after these are authenticated by the issuing authority.
The order was issued after the GAD received reports that some fake appointment orders are being produced by unscrupulous elements.
"A tendency of issuing fake appointment orders is more witnessed at the time of closure of offices at Srinagar or Jammu (during the bi-annual `darbar` move under which the government functions six months each in the twin capitals during summer and winter)..." the order reads.
The GAD said confirmation over phone could be obtained in the first instance to be followed by a formal confirmation to expedite the matter.
"Any fake appointment order presented before any officer be referred to the Inspector General of Police (Crime), Jammu and Kashmir and Police Station concerned for registration of an FIR against the culprits," the order said.
It said the home department shall, under an intimation to the GAD, direct the Inspector General of Police to give top priority to all such cases and ensure speedy investigation against the person(s) involved in such cases.
"The matter shall also be reported to the concerned Administrative Department(s) who shall monitor and keep GAD apprised of the action taken in such cases," the order said.
There have been numerous instances in the past when unscrupulous elements duped unemployed youth of lakhs of rupees by handing over fake appointment orders to them.
Several persons were arrested over the past few years and chargesheet filed in fake recruitment cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what