J&K government wants verification of appointment orders to stem forgery
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has directed officials to verify appointment orders following reports that some fake orders are being produced by some unscrupulous elements to dupe unemployed youths.
"Appointment orders shall only be entertained after verification, confirmation and authentication by the issuing authority," an order issued by the General Administration Department (GAD) stated.
The order, issued on Wednesday, directed Administrative Secretaries and Heads of all departments, Divisional Commissioners, Deputy Commissioners and officials before whom any appointment order is produced to entertain such orders only after these are authenticated by the issuing authority.
The order was issued after the GAD received reports that some fake appointment orders are being produced by unscrupulous elements.
"A tendency of issuing fake appointment orders is more witnessed at the time of closure of offices at Srinagar or Jammu (during the bi-annual `darbar` move under which the government functions six months each in the twin capitals during summer and winter)..." the order reads.
The GAD said confirmation over phone could be obtained in the first instance to be followed by a formal confirmation to expedite the matter.
"Any fake appointment order presented before any officer be referred to the Inspector General of Police (Crime), Jammu and Kashmir and Police Station concerned for registration of an FIR against the culprits," the order said.
It said the home department shall, under an intimation to the GAD, direct the Inspector General of Police to give top priority to all such cases and ensure speedy investigation against the person(s) involved in such cases.
"The matter shall also be reported to the concerned Administrative Department(s) who shall monitor and keep GAD apprised of the action taken in such cases," the order said.
There have been numerous instances in the past when unscrupulous elements duped unemployed youth of lakhs of rupees by handing over fake appointment orders to them.
Several persons were arrested over the past few years and chargesheet filed in fake recruitment cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- India 'A' leads table with 11 points despite match with South Africa 'A' being abandoned due to rain
- Sakshi Malik's felicitation ceremony: Fans disappointed, as Netas hog limelight, wrestler doesn't get to speak
- All Audi India models to get petrol engines by Q1 2017
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I Preview: Two countries enter new world of cricket in United States
- IIT-Bombay has blacklisted these 9 companies from placements for one year