J&K Governor accepts Shabir Khan`s resignation
Jammu: The resignation of Jammu and Kashmir health minister Shabir Khan, booked in a molestation case, was accepted by Governor N N Vohra on Friday night.
"The letter of resignation of Minister of State Shabir Ahmad Khan recommended and forwarded by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has been accepted with immediate effect by Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra," an official spokesman said here.
Amid mounting pressure from political parties demanding action against him, Khan, a Congress MLA from Rajouri, had earlier in the day submitted his resignation to Abdullah who forwarded it to the governor.
Police registered a case against Khan yesterday after a lady doctor alleged that the minister had called him to his office in Srinagar and attempted to molest her.
A case was registered under Sec 354 RPC (assault or criminal force on a woman with the intention to outrage her woman) and Section 509 RPC (word, gesture or act intended to outrage the modesty of a woman) against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar