J&K Governor accepts Shabir Khan`s resignation
Jammu: The resignation of Jammu and Kashmir health minister Shabir Khan, booked in a molestation case, was accepted by Governor N N Vohra on Friday night.
"The letter of resignation of Minister of State Shabir Ahmad Khan recommended and forwarded by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has been accepted with immediate effect by Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra," an official spokesman said here.
Amid mounting pressure from political parties demanding action against him, Khan, a Congress MLA from Rajouri, had earlier in the day submitted his resignation to Abdullah who forwarded it to the governor.
Police registered a case against Khan yesterday after a lady doctor alleged that the minister had called him to his office in Srinagar and attempted to molest her.
A case was registered under Sec 354 RPC (assault or criminal force on a woman with the intention to outrage her woman) and Section 509 RPC (word, gesture or act intended to outrage the modesty of a woman) against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday