J&K Governor, CM greet people on Diwali
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday extended Diwali greetings to the people of the state and hoped that the festival would be a harbinger of peace, progress and prosperity.
In his message, the Governor observed that the festival stood for the triumph of truth over falsehood and of good over evil, highlighting the high values and ethos of our civilization.
He hoped that the festival of lights would further strengthen the bonds of communal harmony, brotherhood, amity, tranquillity and secularism and prayed for the well-being of the people of the state.
The Chief Minister, in his message, underlined the tradition of celebrating festivals in an atmosphere of amity and brotherhood and called for the strengthening of that trait in J&K.
Omar also prayed for the peace, prosperity and development of the state and the country.
Meanwhile, the patron of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mufti Mohammad Sayeed and its president, Mehbooba Mufti, too, greeted the people on the occasion.
In their message, they said that Diwali symbolised the elimination of all negative forces that impede our progress.
May the glow of Diwali fill the lives of our people with happiness and prosperity, they added.
Several other ministers and leaders also greeted the people on this festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog