J&K Governor for restoration of peace
Jammu: Lasting peace and normalcy alone can pave the way for all round progress of Jammu and Kashmir, Governor NN Vohra on Monday said and emphasised the need for promoting communal harmony and brotherhood.
Addressing the Peace Conference organised here by the Jammu and Kashmir Peace Foundation (JKPF), he urged people to come forward in a big way and contribute towards achieving this goal.
Referring to the unfortunate situation that obtained in the state in the past years, he said, "We have suffered great human and economic losses alongside an irreparable loss to education and careers of the youth."
Vohra emphasised the need for enabling the youth to pursue their education, improve their skills and secure gainful employment. In this context, he referred to the Special Scholarship Scheme launched by the Central Government to enable the youth of J&K to pursue higher studies and various professional courses outside the state.
He said spurt in development and economic activity, particularly during the past two years, has clearly demonstrated that progress can be achieved only when normalcy prevails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert