J&K Governor for restoration of peace
Jammu: Lasting peace and normalcy alone can pave the way for all round progress of Jammu and Kashmir, Governor NN Vohra on Monday said and emphasised the need for promoting communal harmony and brotherhood.
Addressing the Peace Conference organised here by the Jammu and Kashmir Peace Foundation (JKPF), he urged people to come forward in a big way and contribute towards achieving this goal.
Referring to the unfortunate situation that obtained in the state in the past years, he said, "We have suffered great human and economic losses alongside an irreparable loss to education and careers of the youth."
Vohra emphasised the need for enabling the youth to pursue their education, improve their skills and secure gainful employment. In this context, he referred to the Special Scholarship Scheme launched by the Central Government to enable the youth of J&K to pursue higher studies and various professional courses outside the state.
He said spurt in development and economic activity, particularly during the past two years, has clearly demonstrated that progress can be achieved only when normalcy prevails.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires