J&K Governor for restoration of peace
Jammu: Lasting peace and normalcy alone can pave the way for all round progress of Jammu and Kashmir, Governor NN Vohra on Monday said and emphasised the need for promoting communal harmony and brotherhood.
Addressing the Peace Conference organised here by the Jammu and Kashmir Peace Foundation (JKPF), he urged people to come forward in a big way and contribute towards achieving this goal.
Referring to the unfortunate situation that obtained in the state in the past years, he said, "We have suffered great human and economic losses alongside an irreparable loss to education and careers of the youth."
Vohra emphasised the need for enabling the youth to pursue their education, improve their skills and secure gainful employment. In this context, he referred to the Special Scholarship Scheme launched by the Central Government to enable the youth of J&K to pursue higher studies and various professional courses outside the state.
He said spurt in development and economic activity, particularly during the past two years, has clearly demonstrated that progress can be achieved only when normalcy prevails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SAD moves privilege motion against Jairam, Renuka
- Salman Khan acquitted in two black buck poaching cases: Today is a big day for us, tweets sister Arpita
- RBI imposes Rs 5 cróre penalty on Bank of Baroda
- Turkey issues warrants for 42 journalists after coup: TV
- How Africans collaborate with wild birds to get honey