J&K Governor for restoration of peace
Jammu: Lasting peace and normalcy alone can pave the way for all round progress of Jammu and Kashmir, Governor NN Vohra on Monday said and emphasised the need for promoting communal harmony and brotherhood.
Addressing the Peace Conference organised here by the Jammu and Kashmir Peace Foundation (JKPF), he urged people to come forward in a big way and contribute towards achieving this goal.
Referring to the unfortunate situation that obtained in the state in the past years, he said, "We have suffered great human and economic losses alongside an irreparable loss to education and careers of the youth."
Vohra emphasised the need for enabling the youth to pursue their education, improve their skills and secure gainful employment. In this context, he referred to the Special Scholarship Scheme launched by the Central Government to enable the youth of J&K to pursue higher studies and various professional courses outside the state.
He said spurt in development and economic activity, particularly during the past two years, has clearly demonstrated that progress can be achieved only when normalcy prevails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?
- 'India stalling dialogue with Pakistan to avoid negotiations on Kashmir'
- Cancer woes: Parsley, dill can actually be the cure!
- Spine chilling! French swimmer Yannick Agnel promises to swim around the Nordic island if Iceland win Euro 2016
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 second flash sale on July 5; registrations open