J&K Governor for restoration of peace
Jammu: Lasting peace and normalcy alone can pave the way for all round progress of Jammu and Kashmir, Governor NN Vohra on Monday said and emphasised the need for promoting communal harmony and brotherhood.
Addressing the Peace Conference organised here by the Jammu and Kashmir Peace Foundation (JKPF), he urged people to come forward in a big way and contribute towards achieving this goal.
Referring to the unfortunate situation that obtained in the state in the past years, he said, "We have suffered great human and economic losses alongside an irreparable loss to education and careers of the youth."
Vohra emphasised the need for enabling the youth to pursue their education, improve their skills and secure gainful employment. In this context, he referred to the Special Scholarship Scheme launched by the Central Government to enable the youth of J&K to pursue higher studies and various professional courses outside the state.
He said spurt in development and economic activity, particularly during the past two years, has clearly demonstrated that progress can be achieved only when normalcy prevails.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi