J&K Governor greets people on Navratras
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Friday greeted the people on the commencement of Navratras and prayed for communal harmony, brotherhood, peace, progress and prosperity in the state.
In his message, the Governor said Navratras have an added significance in Jammu and Kashmir as during this period the Vaishno Devi shrine attracts a large number of pilgrims from across the country.
The commencement of Navratras is also marked by the beginning of a grand festival at Katra, the base camp of Vaishno Devi, which showcases the glorious traditions of the composite cultural ethos of the state, Vohra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video