J&K Governor meets Home Minister
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN
Vohra on Tuesday discussed the prevailing situation in the state
with Home Minister P Chidambaram here.
Vohra is also understood to have discussed with
Chidambaram the preparation of Amarnath Yatra, including
security arrangement for the pilgrimage, sources said.
The Amarnath yatra will begin on June 29 and will
continue till August 13.
The Governor is also believed to have briefed the Home
Minister the prevailing law and order situation in Jammu and
Kashmir and about steps being taken to prevent infiltration
from across the border, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam