J&K Governor meets Home Minister
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN
Vohra on Tuesday discussed the prevailing situation in the state
with Home Minister P Chidambaram here.
Vohra is also understood to have discussed with
Chidambaram the preparation of Amarnath Yatra, including
security arrangement for the pilgrimage, sources said.
The Amarnath yatra will begin on June 29 and will
continue till August 13.
The Governor is also believed to have briefed the Home
Minister the prevailing law and order situation in Jammu and
Kashmir and about steps being taken to prevent infiltration
from across the border, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler