J&K Governor meets Home Minister
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN
Vohra on Tuesday discussed the prevailing situation in the state
with Home Minister P Chidambaram here.
Vohra is also understood to have discussed with
Chidambaram the preparation of Amarnath Yatra, including
security arrangement for the pilgrimage, sources said.
The Amarnath yatra will begin on June 29 and will
continue till August 13.
The Governor is also believed to have briefed the Home
Minister the prevailing law and order situation in Jammu and
Kashmir and about steps being taken to prevent infiltration
from across the border, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’