J&K Governor NN Vohra meets Dalai Lama
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Saturday called on Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama, who is in Leh region for the Kalachakra ceremonies.
"On the eve of the 33rd Kalachakra Initiation, the Governor visited Chuglamasar at Leh and had audience with His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama," an official spokesman said here.
"The Dalai Lama is in Leh to bless the several lakh devotees who shall be visiting there in connection with the Kalachakra ceremonies," he said.
The Governor and the spiritual leader exchanged views about the crucial importance of all nations working towards world harmony and peace amongst people of all races, regions and religions, the spokesman said.
Vohra also greeted the Dalai Lama on his 79th birthday and wished him continuing successes in his ongoing endeavours to restore faith and compassionate understanding in the world at large, the spokesman added.
The Kalachakra (wheel of time) ceremony is held for world peace and for the smooth flourishing of Tibetan Buddhism.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump