J&K Governor NN Vohra meets Dalai Lama
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Saturday called on Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama, who is in Leh region for the Kalachakra ceremonies.
"On the eve of the 33rd Kalachakra Initiation, the Governor visited Chuglamasar at Leh and had audience with His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama," an official spokesman said here.
"The Dalai Lama is in Leh to bless the several lakh devotees who shall be visiting there in connection with the Kalachakra ceremonies," he said.
The Governor and the spiritual leader exchanged views about the crucial importance of all nations working towards world harmony and peace amongst people of all races, regions and religions, the spokesman said.
Vohra also greeted the Dalai Lama on his 79th birthday and wished him continuing successes in his ongoing endeavours to restore faith and compassionate understanding in the world at large, the spokesman added.
The Kalachakra (wheel of time) ceremony is held for world peace and for the smooth flourishing of Tibetan Buddhism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Meet Facebook's North Korean cousin!
- African nationals targetted: Delhi Police rule out hate crime angle, say 'attacks were not racial in nature'
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies