J&K Governor reviews Amarnath yatra arrangements
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Friday reviewed arrangements for the forthcoming Amarnath yatra here.
The Governor, who is also chairman of Shri Amaranathji Shrine Board (SASB), visited a `yatri niwas` at Bhagwati Nagar near here to meet officials and reviewed arrangements for the annual pilgrimage, an official spokesman said.
As earlier notified, the yatra will commence on the Baltal and Chandanwari routes simultaneously from June 28.
At the meeting with officials at the `yatri niwas`, the Governor reviewed arrangements related to reception of pilgrims at railway station and bus stand and registration facility for those without a yatra permit and requirements of accommodation, catering, hygiene and sanitation etc.
He also directed the district authorities to ensure satisfactory arrangements in regard to water, power supply, garbage disposal, medicare and transport for the pilgrims.
The Governor reiterated the importance of ensuring that no unregistered pilgrim is allowed to proceed to the valley and directed the officials to ensure provision of registration counters at Saraswati Dham and Jammu Haat.
He also asked officials to make dedicated transport arrangements for ferrying unregistered yatris from railway station and bus stand directly to the registration centres.
The Governor desired that pamphlets containing complete guidance and information about available facilities, routes and distances should be got printed and distributed among the pilgrims.
The Governor also reviewed wayside transit facilities for the yatris, including langars and lodging arrangements, and registration of sadhus at Ram Mandir and their accommodation at Geeta Bhavan in Jammu.
The Governor directed the Jammu Divisional Commissioner to ensure provision of adequate arrangements for the yatris at all transit camps, and asked the Inspector General of Police (Jammu division) to effectively ensure regulation of yatris.
He also asked the SASB officials to urgently ensure nationwide publicity of yatra-related Dos and Don`ts and advisories through the print and electronic media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack