J&K Governor reviews Amarnath yatra arrangements
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Friday reviewed arrangements for the forthcoming Amarnath yatra here.
The Governor, who is also chairman of Shri Amaranathji Shrine Board (SASB), visited a `yatri niwas` at Bhagwati Nagar near here to meet officials and reviewed arrangements for the annual pilgrimage, an official spokesman said.
As earlier notified, the yatra will commence on the Baltal and Chandanwari routes simultaneously from June 28.
At the meeting with officials at the `yatri niwas`, the Governor reviewed arrangements related to reception of pilgrims at railway station and bus stand and registration facility for those without a yatra permit and requirements of accommodation, catering, hygiene and sanitation etc.
He also directed the district authorities to ensure satisfactory arrangements in regard to water, power supply, garbage disposal, medicare and transport for the pilgrims.
The Governor reiterated the importance of ensuring that no unregistered pilgrim is allowed to proceed to the valley and directed the officials to ensure provision of registration counters at Saraswati Dham and Jammu Haat.
He also asked officials to make dedicated transport arrangements for ferrying unregistered yatris from railway station and bus stand directly to the registration centres.
The Governor desired that pamphlets containing complete guidance and information about available facilities, routes and distances should be got printed and distributed among the pilgrims.
The Governor also reviewed wayside transit facilities for the yatris, including langars and lodging arrangements, and registration of sadhus at Ram Mandir and their accommodation at Geeta Bhavan in Jammu.
The Governor directed the Jammu Divisional Commissioner to ensure provision of adequate arrangements for the yatris at all transit camps, and asked the Inspector General of Police (Jammu division) to effectively ensure regulation of yatris.
He also asked the SASB officials to urgently ensure nationwide publicity of yatra-related Dos and Don`ts and advisories through the print and electronic media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees