J&K Governor reviews Amarnath yatra arrangements
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Friday reviewed arrangements for the forthcoming Amarnath yatra here.
The Governor, who is also chairman of Shri Amaranathji Shrine Board (SASB), visited a `yatri niwas` at Bhagwati Nagar near here to meet officials and reviewed arrangements for the annual pilgrimage, an official spokesman said.
As earlier notified, the yatra will commence on the Baltal and Chandanwari routes simultaneously from June 28.
At the meeting with officials at the `yatri niwas`, the Governor reviewed arrangements related to reception of pilgrims at railway station and bus stand and registration facility for those without a yatra permit and requirements of accommodation, catering, hygiene and sanitation etc.
He also directed the district authorities to ensure satisfactory arrangements in regard to water, power supply, garbage disposal, medicare and transport for the pilgrims.
The Governor reiterated the importance of ensuring that no unregistered pilgrim is allowed to proceed to the valley and directed the officials to ensure provision of registration counters at Saraswati Dham and Jammu Haat.
He also asked officials to make dedicated transport arrangements for ferrying unregistered yatris from railway station and bus stand directly to the registration centres.
The Governor desired that pamphlets containing complete guidance and information about available facilities, routes and distances should be got printed and distributed among the pilgrims.
The Governor also reviewed wayside transit facilities for the yatris, including langars and lodging arrangements, and registration of sadhus at Ram Mandir and their accommodation at Geeta Bhavan in Jammu.
The Governor directed the Jammu Divisional Commissioner to ensure provision of adequate arrangements for the yatris at all transit camps, and asked the Inspector General of Police (Jammu division) to effectively ensure regulation of yatris.
He also asked the SASB officials to urgently ensure nationwide publicity of yatra-related Dos and Don`ts and advisories through the print and electronic media.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview
- Draft Bill for statehood of Delhi is ready: CM Arvind Kejriwal