J&K Governor reviews Amarnath yatra preparations
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra has visited Chandanwari and Baltal, halting stations enroute to the Amarnath cave, to review preparations for the upcoming pilgrimage commencing on June 25.
The Governor yesterday directed all concerned departments and agencies to ensure the commissioning of required facilities for this year`s yatra by June 10, a spokesman of the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) said.
However, Vohra, who is the chairman of the board, could not undertake aerial reconnaissance of the Pahalgam- Chandanwari-Sheshnag-Mahagunas-Panjtarni axis due to inclement weather.
He was scheduled to assess the updated status of snowmelt along the traditional route, from Pahalgam to the holy cave.
While reviewing the preparations, Vohra was briefed on the arrangements being made for the yatris, among them the construction of an entry gate at Chandanwari.
Vohra visited the take-off point of Chandanwari route, which is still buried under a large glacier, and later directed engineers to "improve" the Chandanwari-Pahalgam road to meet the heavy yatra-related vehicular traffic.
The governor also inspected the Nunwan Base Camp and assessed various ongoing works for the yatris there.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels