J&K Governor reviews Amarnath Yatra
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Friday reviewed the ongoing Amarnath Yatra and inspected arrangements made at the holy cave and the camps of Panjtarni, Domel and Baltal enroute to the shrine.
Vohra, who is the chairman of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB), inspected the arrangements at the cave shrine and the enroute camps and held meetings with the concerned officials, an official spokesman said.
The Governor also inspected the functioning of the Access Control Gate at Domel, functioning of the Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) and the arrangements at the Baltal Base Camp.
He also chaired a high level review meeting involving the camp director and the senior most officers of all concerned state government departments and the security forces, the spokesman said.
Vohra, accompanied by Chief Executive Officer, SASB, Navin Choudhary, took an extensive review of the arrangements put in place to facilitate the yatris.
While inspecting `Langars`, the Governor said that such organisations must maintain hygienic conditions and cleanliness.
He issued instructions to the camp director, deputy commissioner and SSP to enforce stringent sanitation measures for ensuring that the entire camp area is kept neat and clean, the spokesman said.
The Governor checked the yatra permits of some of the pilgrims and enquired from them about the yatra related arrangements.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram