J&K Governor reviews Amarnath Yatra
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Friday reviewed the ongoing Amarnath Yatra and inspected arrangements made at the holy cave and the camps of Panjtarni, Domel and Baltal enroute to the shrine.
Vohra, who is the chairman of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB), inspected the arrangements at the cave shrine and the enroute camps and held meetings with the concerned officials, an official spokesman said.
The Governor also inspected the functioning of the Access Control Gate at Domel, functioning of the Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) and the arrangements at the Baltal Base Camp.
He also chaired a high level review meeting involving the camp director and the senior most officers of all concerned state government departments and the security forces, the spokesman said.
Vohra, accompanied by Chief Executive Officer, SASB, Navin Choudhary, took an extensive review of the arrangements put in place to facilitate the yatris.
While inspecting `Langars`, the Governor said that such organisations must maintain hygienic conditions and cleanliness.
He issued instructions to the camp director, deputy commissioner and SSP to enforce stringent sanitation measures for ensuring that the entire camp area is kept neat and clean, the spokesman said.
The Governor checked the yatra permits of some of the pilgrims and enquired from them about the yatra related arrangements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!