J&K Governor reviews Amarnath Yatra
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Friday reviewed the ongoing Amarnath Yatra and inspected arrangements made at the holy cave and the camps of Panjtarni, Domel and Baltal enroute to the shrine.
Vohra, who is the chairman of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB), inspected the arrangements at the cave shrine and the enroute camps and held meetings with the concerned officials, an official spokesman said.
The Governor also inspected the functioning of the Access Control Gate at Domel, functioning of the Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) and the arrangements at the Baltal Base Camp.
He also chaired a high level review meeting involving the camp director and the senior most officers of all concerned state government departments and the security forces, the spokesman said.
Vohra, accompanied by Chief Executive Officer, SASB, Navin Choudhary, took an extensive review of the arrangements put in place to facilitate the yatris.
While inspecting `Langars`, the Governor said that such organisations must maintain hygienic conditions and cleanliness.
He issued instructions to the camp director, deputy commissioner and SSP to enforce stringent sanitation measures for ensuring that the entire camp area is kept neat and clean, the spokesman said.
The Governor checked the yatra permits of some of the pilgrims and enquired from them about the yatra related arrangements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch