J&K Governor visits frontier areas of Baramulla, reviews security
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Sunday visited the frontier areas of Baramulla district including Aman Setu at Kaman Post to review the security situation along the Line of Control, an official spokesman said.
Vohra visited the Kaman Post, the last point on this side of Kashmir on Srinagar-Muzaffarabad road, where he was received by Major General Bipin Rawat, General officer Commanding of 19 Infantry Division and Brigadier BS Raju.
The Army officials briefed the Governor about the security situation in the Uri Sector and beyond, the spokesman said.
The Governor lauded the officers and men of the Indian Army for guarding the frontiers of the country in challenging conditions.
He said the entire country is proud of the devotion and commitment of the soldiers serving the nation along the borders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest