J&K govt advisory for visiting Pahalgam resort
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government
has issued an advisory for locals and tourists visiting the
resort of Pahalgam asking them to stay away from the Lidder
"To minimise the frequency of accidents in Pahalgham,
locals and tourists have been asked to ensure their safety and
well being," District Magistrate Anantnag Kifayat Hussain
The advisory comes after a major accident earlier this
week in Pahalgam, 100 kms from here, involving two private
cars which skidded off the road and plunged into the stream.
Two persons died, while one is still missing and
feared dead in the accident.
The advisory asks the tourists to keep a safe distance
from the "ferocious" Lidder river and not to venture into its
water at any point.
"Abide by the traffic rules and abstain from
overtaking. Both locals and tourists have been asked not to
use alcohol and polythene and other plastic objects in the
vicinity of the resort," Rizvi said.
Authorities have also instructed educational
institutions not to plan their school excursions to Pahalgam
on weekends in view of heavy tourist rush.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list