J&K govt advisory for visiting Pahalgam resort
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government
has issued an advisory for locals and tourists visiting the
resort of Pahalgam asking them to stay away from the Lidder
"To minimise the frequency of accidents in Pahalgham,
locals and tourists have been asked to ensure their safety and
well being," District Magistrate Anantnag Kifayat Hussain
The advisory comes after a major accident earlier this
week in Pahalgam, 100 kms from here, involving two private
cars which skidded off the road and plunged into the stream.
Two persons died, while one is still missing and
feared dead in the accident.
The advisory asks the tourists to keep a safe distance
from the "ferocious" Lidder river and not to venture into its
water at any point.
"Abide by the traffic rules and abstain from
overtaking. Both locals and tourists have been asked not to
use alcohol and polythene and other plastic objects in the
vicinity of the resort," Rizvi said.
Authorities have also instructed educational
institutions not to plan their school excursions to Pahalgam
on weekends in view of heavy tourist rush.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'