J&K govt advisory for visiting Pahalgam resort
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government
has issued an advisory for locals and tourists visiting the
resort of Pahalgam asking them to stay away from the Lidder
"To minimise the frequency of accidents in Pahalgham,
locals and tourists have been asked to ensure their safety and
well being," District Magistrate Anantnag Kifayat Hussain
The advisory comes after a major accident earlier this
week in Pahalgam, 100 kms from here, involving two private
cars which skidded off the road and plunged into the stream.
Two persons died, while one is still missing and
feared dead in the accident.
The advisory asks the tourists to keep a safe distance
from the "ferocious" Lidder river and not to venture into its
water at any point.
"Abide by the traffic rules and abstain from
overtaking. Both locals and tourists have been asked not to
use alcohol and polythene and other plastic objects in the
vicinity of the resort," Rizvi said.
Authorities have also instructed educational
institutions not to plan their school excursions to Pahalgam
on weekends in view of heavy tourist rush.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video
- Power Series Conclave on 'Make in India' organised by The Dollar Business on Aug 24