J&K govt against Panchayati Raj empowerment: BJP
Jammu: BJP on Thursday accused the ruling NC-
Congress coalition in Jammu and Kashmir of not giving
decision-making and financial powers to Panchayat raj
institution in the state.
"The J&K government ignored implementation of 73rd and
74th amendments of the Constitution which devolved a
significant amount of power over social sector and development
planning to local level governments or panchayats," BJP MLA
Jugal Kishore Sharma told reporters here today.
"Panchayat Raj institution is weak in the state and it
has not been empowered with decision-making and financial
powers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe