J&K govt against Panchayati Raj empowerment: BJP
Jammu: BJP on Thursday accused the ruling NC-
Congress coalition in Jammu and Kashmir of not giving
decision-making and financial powers to Panchayat raj
institution in the state.
"The J&K government ignored implementation of 73rd and
74th amendments of the Constitution which devolved a
significant amount of power over social sector and development
planning to local level governments or panchayats," BJP MLA
Jugal Kishore Sharma told reporters here today.
"Panchayat Raj institution is weak in the state and it
has not been empowered with decision-making and financial
powers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'