J&K govt against Panchayati Raj empowerment: BJP
Jammu: BJP on Thursday accused the ruling NC-
Congress coalition in Jammu and Kashmir of not giving
decision-making and financial powers to Panchayat raj
institution in the state.
"The J&K government ignored implementation of 73rd and
74th amendments of the Constitution which devolved a
significant amount of power over social sector and development
planning to local level governments or panchayats," BJP MLA
Jugal Kishore Sharma told reporters here today.
"Panchayat Raj institution is weak in the state and it
has not been empowered with decision-making and financial
powers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj