J&K govt announces ex-gratia, job to kin of slain sarpanch
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has announced an ex-gratia relief and job to the next of the kin of the Sarpanch Javed Ahmad Wani, who was recently killed by unidentified gunmen in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
"Instructions have been issued to the District Administration to process ex-gratia relief and job in favour of the next of kin of the deceased Sarpanch," an official spokesperson said after Minister of State for Home Sajad Ahmad Kitchloo visited the bereaved family yesterday.
The sarpanch was shot dead by unidentified gunmen on Sunday in Kreeri area of Baramulla district.
The government had ordered a probe into the incident and asked DIG North Kashmir Region to conduct the inquiry within two days to find out the circumstances that led to the killing of the Sarpanch, even when he was provided a security cover.
"I have asked the concerned senior officials of the district to submit a detailed report about the incident within two days," Kitchloo said.
DIG Baramulla has been asked to initiate strict action against the delinquent security personnel, the spokesperson said.
The minister said preliminary investigations into the killing have revealed that he could have been killed due to some personal rivalry.
The Minister also chaired a meeting of police and civil administration to review the overall law-and-order situation in the district, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India