J&K govt announces ex-gratia, job to kin of slain sarpanch
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has announced an ex-gratia relief and job to the next of the kin of the Sarpanch Javed Ahmad Wani, who was recently killed by unidentified gunmen in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
"Instructions have been issued to the District Administration to process ex-gratia relief and job in favour of the next of kin of the deceased Sarpanch," an official spokesperson said after Minister of State for Home Sajad Ahmad Kitchloo visited the bereaved family yesterday.
The sarpanch was shot dead by unidentified gunmen on Sunday in Kreeri area of Baramulla district.
The government had ordered a probe into the incident and asked DIG North Kashmir Region to conduct the inquiry within two days to find out the circumstances that led to the killing of the Sarpanch, even when he was provided a security cover.
"I have asked the concerned senior officials of the district to submit a detailed report about the incident within two days," Kitchloo said.
DIG Baramulla has been asked to initiate strict action against the delinquent security personnel, the spokesperson said.
The minister said preliminary investigations into the killing have revealed that he could have been killed due to some personal rivalry.
The Minister also chaired a meeting of police and civil administration to review the overall law-and-order situation in the district, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city