J&K govt announces Rs 1L insurance cover to Amarnath pilgrims
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday announced that all Amarnath pilgrims possessing valid `Yatra permits` will be provided an insurance cover of Rs one lakh against accidental death within the state during the entire period of this year`s pilgrimage.
"On the instructions of Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra, who is also the Chairman of Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB), all pilgrims who possess valid Yatra Permits will be provided an insurance cover of Rs one lakh against accidental death within the state during the entire period of the Yatra 2014," Chief Executive Officer, SASB, Navin K Choudhary said here.
Giving details, Choudhary said the insurance cover will be available to all registered Yatris starting from a week ahead of the commencement of the pilgrimage and ending one week after the conclusion of the yatra.
He said the insurance will cover any accidental death which takes place anywhere in the state while travelling to the Yatra base camps or while moving on the tracks to the cave shrine.
The CEO has appealed to all pilgrims to obtain valid registration after securing a Compulsory Health Certificate.
"It is in the interest of all pilgrims to undergo a proper medical check up before registering themselves, for which elaborate arrangements have been made by the Shrine Board," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof