J&K govt announces Rs 1L insurance cover to Amarnath pilgrims
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday announced that all Amarnath pilgrims possessing valid `Yatra permits` will be provided an insurance cover of Rs one lakh against accidental death within the state during the entire period of this year`s pilgrimage.
"On the instructions of Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra, who is also the Chairman of Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB), all pilgrims who possess valid Yatra Permits will be provided an insurance cover of Rs one lakh against accidental death within the state during the entire period of the Yatra 2014," Chief Executive Officer, SASB, Navin K Choudhary said here.
Giving details, Choudhary said the insurance cover will be available to all registered Yatris starting from a week ahead of the commencement of the pilgrimage and ending one week after the conclusion of the yatra.
He said the insurance will cover any accidental death which takes place anywhere in the state while travelling to the Yatra base camps or while moving on the tracks to the cave shrine.
The CEO has appealed to all pilgrims to obtain valid registration after securing a Compulsory Health Certificate.
"It is in the interest of all pilgrims to undergo a proper medical check up before registering themselves, for which elaborate arrangements have been made by the Shrine Board," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA