J&K govt announces Rs 1L insurance cover to Amarnath pilgrims
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday announced that all Amarnath pilgrims possessing valid `Yatra permits` will be provided an insurance cover of Rs one lakh against accidental death within the state during the entire period of this year`s pilgrimage.
"On the instructions of Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra, who is also the Chairman of Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB), all pilgrims who possess valid Yatra Permits will be provided an insurance cover of Rs one lakh against accidental death within the state during the entire period of the Yatra 2014," Chief Executive Officer, SASB, Navin K Choudhary said here.
Giving details, Choudhary said the insurance cover will be available to all registered Yatris starting from a week ahead of the commencement of the pilgrimage and ending one week after the conclusion of the yatra.
He said the insurance will cover any accidental death which takes place anywhere in the state while travelling to the Yatra base camps or while moving on the tracks to the cave shrine.
The CEO has appealed to all pilgrims to obtain valid registration after securing a Compulsory Health Certificate.
"It is in the interest of all pilgrims to undergo a proper medical check up before registering themselves, for which elaborate arrangements have been made by the Shrine Board," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview