J&K govt approves Rs 128 crore annual plan for border areas
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government today approved an Annual Action Plan to the tune of Rs 128 crore under Border Area Development Programme (BADP) for creating and upgrading infrastructure and civic amenities along the state`s border areas.
The plan was approved at a review meeting of State Level Screening Committee chaired by Chief Secretary M I Khanday, an official spokesman said.
The meeting reviewed progress achieved under BADP for creating and upgrading infrastructure and civic amenities in 44 border blocks of the state, he said.
Under BADP, the spokesman said, as many as 2,631 schemes are under implementation in 11 border districts, of which 1,459 are on-going, while 1,172 are new schemes.
"Out of the Annual Plan, an amount of Rs 77 crore have been earmarked for district allocation and expenditure while Rs 17.69 crore have been earmarked for Civic Action Programme carried by Army, paramilitary forces and Border Roads Organisation (BRO) in border areas," he said.
The spokesman said, under department wise allocation, Rs 3 crore has been earmarked for Health and Medical Education, Rs 1 crore to Science and Technology Department, Rs 6 crore to PHE and Irrigation and Flood Control, Rs 6 crore for drainage and other civic amenities and Rs 16.42 crore have been allocated to complete projects in nine model villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days