J&K govt approves Rs 128 crore annual plan for border areas
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government today approved an Annual Action Plan to the tune of Rs 128 crore under Border Area Development Programme (BADP) for creating and upgrading infrastructure and civic amenities along the state`s border areas.
The plan was approved at a review meeting of State Level Screening Committee chaired by Chief Secretary M I Khanday, an official spokesman said.
The meeting reviewed progress achieved under BADP for creating and upgrading infrastructure and civic amenities in 44 border blocks of the state, he said.
Under BADP, the spokesman said, as many as 2,631 schemes are under implementation in 11 border districts, of which 1,459 are on-going, while 1,172 are new schemes.
"Out of the Annual Plan, an amount of Rs 77 crore have been earmarked for district allocation and expenditure while Rs 17.69 crore have been earmarked for Civic Action Programme carried by Army, paramilitary forces and Border Roads Organisation (BRO) in border areas," he said.
The spokesman said, under department wise allocation, Rs 3 crore has been earmarked for Health and Medical Education, Rs 1 crore to Science and Technology Department, Rs 6 crore to PHE and Irrigation and Flood Control, Rs 6 crore for drainage and other civic amenities and Rs 16.42 crore have been allocated to complete projects in nine model villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Maharashtra Board HSC Examination Results 2016: (maharesult.nic.in) MSBSHSE Class 12th Result 2016, Maharashtra Board Plus two Result to be declared on May 25 (today)
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA