J&K govt approves Rs 128 crore annual plan for border areas
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government today approved an Annual Action Plan to the tune of Rs 128 crore under Border Area Development Programme (BADP) for creating and upgrading infrastructure and civic amenities along the state`s border areas.
The plan was approved at a review meeting of State Level Screening Committee chaired by Chief Secretary M I Khanday, an official spokesman said.
The meeting reviewed progress achieved under BADP for creating and upgrading infrastructure and civic amenities in 44 border blocks of the state, he said.
Under BADP, the spokesman said, as many as 2,631 schemes are under implementation in 11 border districts, of which 1,459 are on-going, while 1,172 are new schemes.
"Out of the Annual Plan, an amount of Rs 77 crore have been earmarked for district allocation and expenditure while Rs 17.69 crore have been earmarked for Civic Action Programme carried by Army, paramilitary forces and Border Roads Organisation (BRO) in border areas," he said.
The spokesman said, under department wise allocation, Rs 3 crore has been earmarked for Health and Medical Education, Rs 1 crore to Science and Technology Department, Rs 6 crore to PHE and Irrigation and Flood Control, Rs 6 crore for drainage and other civic amenities and Rs 16.42 crore have been allocated to complete projects in nine model villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared