J&K govt approves Rs 128 crore annual plan for border areas
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government today approved an Annual Action Plan to the tune of Rs 128 crore under Border Area Development Programme (BADP) for creating and upgrading infrastructure and civic amenities along the state`s border areas.
The plan was approved at a review meeting of State Level Screening Committee chaired by Chief Secretary M I Khanday, an official spokesman said.
The meeting reviewed progress achieved under BADP for creating and upgrading infrastructure and civic amenities in 44 border blocks of the state, he said.
Under BADP, the spokesman said, as many as 2,631 schemes are under implementation in 11 border districts, of which 1,459 are on-going, while 1,172 are new schemes.
"Out of the Annual Plan, an amount of Rs 77 crore have been earmarked for district allocation and expenditure while Rs 17.69 crore have been earmarked for Civic Action Programme carried by Army, paramilitary forces and Border Roads Organisation (BRO) in border areas," he said.
The spokesman said, under department wise allocation, Rs 3 crore has been earmarked for Health and Medical Education, Rs 1 crore to Science and Technology Department, Rs 6 crore to PHE and Irrigation and Flood Control, Rs 6 crore for drainage and other civic amenities and Rs 16.42 crore have been allocated to complete projects in nine model villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'