J&K govt asks Chief Secy to finalise Yatra 2013 work plan
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Government has asked the Chief Secretary to finalise the "work plan" for the annual Amarnath Yatra 2013, that is to be submitted to the Supreme Court early next month.
"The Chief Secretary shall, in consultation with all concerned departments and agencies, finalise the work plan required to be submitted to the Supreme Court early next month and continue to monitor implementation of various activities required for the conduct of Yatra 2013," an official spokesman said after a high-level meeting here.
The meeting held at Raj Bhavan was chaired by Governor N N Vohra and attended by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, Tourism Minister Nawang Rigzin Jora, Health Minister Sham Lal Sharma, Minister of State for Home Nasir Aslam Wani and Chief Secretary Madhav Lal among others.
The Governor, who is also the chairman of Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB), had convened the meeting to discuss issues relating to the annual pilgrimage presently under the consideration of the Supreme Court, matters arising from the experience of Yatra 2012, the spokesman said.
A time frame for the implementation of various activities for the satisfactory conduct of next year`s Yatra was discussed, he added.
Among other decisions, the meeting agreed that the High Level Committee established last year to support preparations of the pilgrimage will continue to perform its designated role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters