J&K govt asks Spain to lift negative travel advisory
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has requested Spain to lift the travel advisory issued to its citizens against visiting the state, following considerable improvement in situation.
"We request the Government of Spain to lift the negative travel advisory issued to its citizens against visiting the state as the situation here has improved considerably," State Tourism Minister Ghulam Ahmad Mir said during his meeting with Spanish Tourism Officers in Madrid.
The Tourism Minister, along with officers of Tourism Department, is on a four-day visit to Spain, representing the state in the International Tourism Trade Fair there.
According to an official statement issued here, the minister during his meetings and interaction, received positive response from the Spanish authorities and expressed hope that the advisory would be lifted soon.
Mir told Spanish officials on Friday that Germany and UK have already lifted similar travel advisories against the state, following which, a large number of foreign tourists have visited the state.
The state government has set up stalls at the fair showcasing tourism potential of the state, besides publicity counters to familiarise participants with scenic spots and adventure, heritage and spiritual tourism of J&K.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31