J&K govt assures all help to quake victims
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government today assured all possible help to victims of the earthquake in Doda and Kishtwar districts.
"The government will extend all support to the quake victims of Doda and Kishtwar districts," Rural Development Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar said.
Necessary instructions had been issued to concerned district administrations to assess the loss caused to various structures for providing necessary relief at the earliest, he said.
Two persons were killed and 69, including 32 students, were injured and scores of buildings damaged when an earthquake of moderate intensity shook parts of North India today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says