J&K govt assures all help to quake victims
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government today assured all possible help to victims of the earthquake in Doda and Kishtwar districts.
"The government will extend all support to the quake victims of Doda and Kishtwar districts," Rural Development Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar said.
Necessary instructions had been issued to concerned district administrations to assess the loss caused to various structures for providing necessary relief at the earliest, he said.
Two persons were killed and 69, including 32 students, were injured and scores of buildings damaged when an earthquake of moderate intensity shook parts of North India today.
- See pic: Tim Kopra shares view of massive storm near Japan from space!
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security
- After Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, forest fire now rages in J&K
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Social media terms it ‘National Emergency’, around 3000 hectares of forest area destroyed
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo