J&K govt bans private practice by HoDs of GMCs
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Government on Thursday banned private practice by Heads of Departments (HoDs) of Government Medical and Dental Colleges and its associated hospitals in the state.
Commissioner-Secretary, Health & Medical Education, MK Dwivedi today issued an order in this regard, in a bid to improve patient care at these hospitals and ensure supervision by senior doctors at their respective departments at all times.
The was decision taken by the Minister for Medical Education, Youth Services & Sports, Taj Mohiuddin at his first review meeting today, after taking charge of the said departments.
Noting that health-care is a critical sector, the Minister urged to bring in reforms to ensure efficiency, transparency and a qualitative change in patient care at these tertiary care hospitals.
He said improvement of services in terms of patient care, medication and other facilities at hospitals is as important as strengthening basic infrastructure at these health institutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!