J&K govt bans sale, purchase of Army uniform in Kupwara
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government
has imposed a ban on sale and purchase of camouflage Army uniforms.
The use of "service uniforms" by civilians in Valley`s
frontier district of Kupwara has been banned by District
Magistrate, Kupwara, Mohammad Shafi Rather, an official
spokesman said Thursday.
Tehsildars and SHOs have been directed to conduct
frequent checks in their respective jurisdiction and seize the
combat pattern cloth and readymade dresses of Army pattern,
the spokesman said.
The officials have been directed to keep the seized
cloth and dresses, if any, in police custody after maintaining
the proper records.
Kupwara is one of the three districts of Kashmir Valley which lies along the Line of Control and is one of the
most preferred infiltration route by militants from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch