J&K govt bans sale, purchase of Army uniform in Kupwara
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government
has imposed a ban on sale and purchase of camouflage Army uniforms.
The use of "service uniforms" by civilians in Valley`s
frontier district of Kupwara has been banned by District
Magistrate, Kupwara, Mohammad Shafi Rather, an official
spokesman said Thursday.
Tehsildars and SHOs have been directed to conduct
frequent checks in their respective jurisdiction and seize the
combat pattern cloth and readymade dresses of Army pattern,
the spokesman said.
The officials have been directed to keep the seized
cloth and dresses, if any, in police custody after maintaining
the proper records.
Kupwara is one of the three districts of Kashmir Valley which lies along the Line of Control and is one of the
most preferred infiltration route by militants from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH