J&K govt bans sale, purchase of Army uniform in Kupwara
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government
has imposed a ban on sale and purchase of camouflage Army uniforms.
The use of "service uniforms" by civilians in Valley`s
frontier district of Kupwara has been banned by District
Magistrate, Kupwara, Mohammad Shafi Rather, an official
spokesman said Thursday.
Tehsildars and SHOs have been directed to conduct
frequent checks in their respective jurisdiction and seize the
combat pattern cloth and readymade dresses of Army pattern,
the spokesman said.
The officials have been directed to keep the seized
cloth and dresses, if any, in police custody after maintaining
the proper records.
Kupwara is one of the three districts of Kashmir Valley which lies along the Line of Control and is one of the
most preferred infiltration route by militants from
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference