J&K govt comes to rescue of quake victims, releases Rs 25 crore
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Tuesday released Rs 25 crore and 3 months of free ration for the state`s earthquake affected families.
State government has released Rs 25 crore and 3 months of ration for the earthquake affected families, Chief Secretary Iqbal Khanday said.
Former minister and Congress legislator, G M Saroori thanked the state government for the initiative and said, the Centre will also announce relief within a couple of weeks for erstwhile Doda district.
Two persons including a shepherd were killed and 69 others were injured and scores of buildings were damaged due to repeated tremors that shook Doda and Kishtwar districts of Jammu and Kashmir on May 1.
As per reports, over 400 buildings including schools, hospital, government buildings and private houses were damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack