J&K govt comes to rescue of quake victims, releases Rs 25 crore
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Tuesday released Rs 25 crore and 3 months of free ration for the state`s earthquake affected families.
State government has released Rs 25 crore and 3 months of ration for the earthquake affected families, Chief Secretary Iqbal Khanday said.
Former minister and Congress legislator, G M Saroori thanked the state government for the initiative and said, the Centre will also announce relief within a couple of weeks for erstwhile Doda district.
Two persons including a shepherd were killed and 69 others were injured and scores of buildings were damaged due to repeated tremors that shook Doda and Kishtwar districts of Jammu and Kashmir on May 1.
As per reports, over 400 buildings including schools, hospital, government buildings and private houses were damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS