`J&K Govt committed to dignified return of Kashmiri Pandits`
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government will take all possible measures to ensure safe and dignified return of displaced Kashmiri Pandits to their homes, state minister Sajad Ahmed Kichloo has said.
"The state government will take all possible measures to make atmosphere in the Valley congenial to ensure safe and dignified return of migrants to their homes and hearth. No stone will be left unturned to address their genuine grievances and hardships," Kichloo told a delegation of JK National Conference Minority Cell here yesterday.
The Minister of State for Home, Industries and Commerce and Tourism said, all the necessary measures will be taken to build a sense of confidence among the migrants before they are properly rehabilitated to the Valley.
Kichloo said Pandits are a part of the rich culture and ethos of Kashmir. The conception of "Kishmiryat" is incomplete without existence of Pandits in the Kashmir Valley, also known as the land of sufis and saints, he added.
A delegation of Kashmiri Pandits, comprising former MLC Bushan Lal Bhat and President of J&K National Conference Minority Cell, M K Yogi presented a memorandum of demands and discussed their issues with the state Minister.
The memorandum demands political empowerment of the Pandit community by reservation of two seats in the State Assembly.
They sought to update the voter list of migrants, enhancement of cash relief upto Rs 10,000 and special recruitment drive for the migrant youth in state Police department.
The memorandum demands for rehabilitation of sick industrial units of Kashmiri migrant industrialists and traders and the implementation of Prime Minister`s package for return and rehabilitation of the migrants.
It also demanded five per cent reservation for the migrant youth in central government offices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?