J&K govt committed to give minority status to Sikhs
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government on Sunday said it was committed to provide minority status to the Sikh community living in the state.
"The government is committed to provide minority status to Sikh community and all effort will be made to fulfil their aspirations," said Raman Bhalla, state Minister for Horticulture.
He was addressing a gathering at Baramulla, 55 kms from here. The meeting was called to look into the problems being faced by the community, an official spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more
- Govt lists GST Bill for consideration and passage in Rajya Sabha's agenda for next week
- Kasol - Rejuvenate yourself with serenity, peace in the nature's lap
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram
- Bridge collapses in Nepal due to flooding – watch dramatic video