J&K govt committed to give minority status to Sikhs
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government on Sunday said it was committed to provide minority status to the Sikh community living in the state.
"The government is committed to provide minority status to Sikh community and all effort will be made to fulfil their aspirations," said Raman Bhalla, state Minister for Horticulture.
He was addressing a gathering at Baramulla, 55 kms from here. The meeting was called to look into the problems being faced by the community, an official spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan