J&K govt committed to inclusive development: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday said his government is committed for inclusive and equitable development of all sections of the society.
"The state government is committed for the inclusive and equitable development of all sections of society," Omar told vice-chairman of the advisory board on Other Backward Classes (OBC) Kuldeep Raj Verma, who called on the CM here.
Verma briefed the Chief Minister about the measures taken by the board for the welfare of members of OBCs, an official spokesperson said.
Various matters pertaining to the functioning of the board were discussed in the meeting, the spokesman said.
Verma had expressed gratitude to the Chief Minister for taking keen interest in the development of weaker sections of society, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!
- Exclusive: Osama Bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad is at centre of row — Know the controversy
- UK police say almost 6,200 hate crimes in month after Brexit vote
- Bodies of 14 executed in Libya's Benghazi found: Medical Centre