J&K govt committed to inclusive development: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday said his government is committed for inclusive and equitable development of all sections of the society.
"The state government is committed for the inclusive and equitable development of all sections of society," Omar told vice-chairman of the advisory board on Other Backward Classes (OBC) Kuldeep Raj Verma, who called on the CM here.
Verma briefed the Chief Minister about the measures taken by the board for the welfare of members of OBCs, an official spokesperson said.
Various matters pertaining to the functioning of the board were discussed in the meeting, the spokesman said.
Verma had expressed gratitude to the Chief Minister for taking keen interest in the development of weaker sections of society, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- 1 injured in blast in petrol station in Odisha
- Facebook testing autoplaying videos with sound turned on
- SBI to raise up to Rs 11,000 crore via debt securities
- India A skipper Manish Pandey fined for showing dissent after dismissal
- Dahi Handi festival: SC refuses to lift restrictions on height of human pyramid, calls it 'risky'