J&K govt committed to inclusive development: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday said his government is committed for inclusive and equitable development of all sections of the society.
"The state government is committed for the inclusive and equitable development of all sections of society," Omar told vice-chairman of the advisory board on Other Backward Classes (OBC) Kuldeep Raj Verma, who called on the CM here.
Verma briefed the Chief Minister about the measures taken by the board for the welfare of members of OBCs, an official spokesperson said.
Various matters pertaining to the functioning of the board were discussed in the meeting, the spokesman said.
Verma had expressed gratitude to the Chief Minister for taking keen interest in the development of weaker sections of society, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’