‘J&K govt committed toward Panchayats’
Jammu: The steps initiated by the Jammu and Kashmir government to strengthen Panchayats have helped in better planning and implementation of development programmes, Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand said.
"We reiterate resolve of the government to have fully strengthened Panchayati Raj institutions in the state," he said in while addressing a one-day mega awareness camp at border belt Khour, 50 kms from here yesterday.
"Empowerment of panchayats has given new dimensions to development work in the state ensuring better planning and implementation of welfare programmes at grass-root level", he said.
Panchayats can also play a pivotal role in making people aware of various welfare programmes and development schemes launched by the government for all-round development of the society, he said.
A series of camps have been organised to create mass awareness, especially among youth, about state and centrally-sponsored welfare and employment schemes, the deputy chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption