‘J&K govt committed toward Panchayats’
Jammu: The steps initiated by the Jammu and Kashmir government to strengthen Panchayats have helped in better planning and implementation of development programmes, Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand said.
"We reiterate resolve of the government to have fully strengthened Panchayati Raj institutions in the state," he said in while addressing a one-day mega awareness camp at border belt Khour, 50 kms from here yesterday.
"Empowerment of panchayats has given new dimensions to development work in the state ensuring better planning and implementation of welfare programmes at grass-root level", he said.
Panchayats can also play a pivotal role in making people aware of various welfare programmes and development schemes launched by the government for all-round development of the society, he said.
A series of camps have been organised to create mass awareness, especially among youth, about state and centrally-sponsored welfare and employment schemes, the deputy chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Manufacturing growth to be higher in Q2 on better export outlook: Survey
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition