‘J&K govt committed toward Panchayats’
Jammu: The steps initiated by the Jammu and Kashmir government to strengthen Panchayats have helped in better planning and implementation of development programmes, Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand said.
"We reiterate resolve of the government to have fully strengthened Panchayati Raj institutions in the state," he said in while addressing a one-day mega awareness camp at border belt Khour, 50 kms from here yesterday.
"Empowerment of panchayats has given new dimensions to development work in the state ensuring better planning and implementation of welfare programmes at grass-root level", he said.
Panchayats can also play a pivotal role in making people aware of various welfare programmes and development schemes launched by the government for all-round development of the society, he said.
A series of camps have been organised to create mass awareness, especially among youth, about state and centrally-sponsored welfare and employment schemes, the deputy chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway