‘J&K govt committed toward Panchayats’
Jammu: The steps initiated by the Jammu and Kashmir government to strengthen Panchayats have helped in better planning and implementation of development programmes, Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand said.
"We reiterate resolve of the government to have fully strengthened Panchayati Raj institutions in the state," he said in while addressing a one-day mega awareness camp at border belt Khour, 50 kms from here yesterday.
"Empowerment of panchayats has given new dimensions to development work in the state ensuring better planning and implementation of welfare programmes at grass-root level", he said.
Panchayats can also play a pivotal role in making people aware of various welfare programmes and development schemes launched by the government for all-round development of the society, he said.
A series of camps have been organised to create mass awareness, especially among youth, about state and centrally-sponsored welfare and employment schemes, the deputy chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?