‘J&K govt committed toward Panchayats’
Jammu: The steps initiated by the Jammu and Kashmir government to strengthen Panchayats have helped in better planning and implementation of development programmes, Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand said.
"We reiterate resolve of the government to have fully strengthened Panchayati Raj institutions in the state," he said in while addressing a one-day mega awareness camp at border belt Khour, 50 kms from here yesterday.
"Empowerment of panchayats has given new dimensions to development work in the state ensuring better planning and implementation of welfare programmes at grass-root level", he said.
Panchayats can also play a pivotal role in making people aware of various welfare programmes and development schemes launched by the government for all-round development of the society, he said.
A series of camps have been organised to create mass awareness, especially among youth, about state and centrally-sponsored welfare and employment schemes, the deputy chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement