J&K govt `devoting extra attention to health sector`
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government was paying "extra focus" to the health sector in the state with focus on improving medical facilities, especially in remote and far-flung areas, minister of state for health Shabir Ahmed Khan said.
"An effective monitoring mechanism has been put in place to enforce accountability and transparency in implementation of health schemes and the delivery of services," Shabir said during a review meeting.
"There is a need to upgrade the existing infrastructure to ensure better facilities in the rural pockets of the state," Shabir said.
A sufficient number of doctors and paramedical staff is being provided on a priority basis to remote health centres in the state, the minister added.
The minister, on the occasion, also released a book on the Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PCPNDT) Act.
He also inquired about the medicine procurement policy, availability of laboratory equipment, X-Ray machines, ECG facility, ambulances, etc at various state hospitals.
He also reviewed the arrangements made by the Health Department for Amarnath Yatra and asked the authorities concerned to provide the best facilities for the devotees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city