J&K govt directs to expedite relief to Panchayat members` kin
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has directed Deputy Commissioners to expedite relief in favour of the families of slain Panchayati Raj members.
The state Cabinet, which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here yesterday, also directed the Deputy Commissioners to process the cases for the appointment of the next of kin of the deceased Panchayati Raj members on compassionate grounds, an official spokesman said today.
He said the Cabinet expressed deep concern over the recent killings of Panchayat Raj representatives and condemned the incidents.
The Cabinet expressed sympathies with the families and kin of the killed Panchayati Raj representatives, the spokesman said.
Militants shot dead two Panchayat members in Baramulla district of north Kashmir this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love