J&K govt directs to expedite relief to Panchayat members` kin
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has directed Deputy Commissioners to expedite relief in favour of the families of slain Panchayati Raj members.
The state Cabinet, which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here yesterday, also directed the Deputy Commissioners to process the cases for the appointment of the next of kin of the deceased Panchayati Raj members on compassionate grounds, an official spokesman said today.
He said the Cabinet expressed deep concern over the recent killings of Panchayat Raj representatives and condemned the incidents.
The Cabinet expressed sympathies with the families and kin of the killed Panchayati Raj representatives, the spokesman said.
Militants shot dead two Panchayat members in Baramulla district of north Kashmir this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...