J&K govt directs to expedite relief to Panchayat members` kin
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has directed Deputy Commissioners to expedite relief in favour of the families of slain Panchayati Raj members.
The state Cabinet, which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here yesterday, also directed the Deputy Commissioners to process the cases for the appointment of the next of kin of the deceased Panchayati Raj members on compassionate grounds, an official spokesman said today.
He said the Cabinet expressed deep concern over the recent killings of Panchayat Raj representatives and condemned the incidents.
The Cabinet expressed sympathies with the families and kin of the killed Panchayati Raj representatives, the spokesman said.
Militants shot dead two Panchayat members in Baramulla district of north Kashmir this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!