J&K govt directs to expedite relief to Panchayat members` kin
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has directed Deputy Commissioners to expedite relief in favour of the families of slain Panchayati Raj members.
The state Cabinet, which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here yesterday, also directed the Deputy Commissioners to process the cases for the appointment of the next of kin of the deceased Panchayati Raj members on compassionate grounds, an official spokesman said today.
He said the Cabinet expressed deep concern over the recent killings of Panchayat Raj representatives and condemned the incidents.
The Cabinet expressed sympathies with the families and kin of the killed Panchayati Raj representatives, the spokesman said.
Militants shot dead two Panchayat members in Baramulla district of north Kashmir this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?