J&K govt distributes Rs 50 L loan to underprivileg
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir SC, ST and Backward Classes Development Corporation Wednesday distributed loan cheques worth Rs 50 lakh among 60 beneficiaries belonging to the underprivileged classes of the society here.
The cheques were distributed by Managing Director of the Corporation Ghulam Rasool Khan during a one-day awareness programme.
Corporation under Direct Financing Schemes in collaboration with National Level Corporations has disbursed loans to the tune of Rs 50.47 crore to 3,350 beneficiaries so far for establishing their income generating units under transport, agriculture, handicrafts and other business sectors, Khan said.
"More than 25,700 units were also established under bank tie-up scheme with the involvement of subsidy amount of Rs 14.22 crore and bank loans of Rs 51.52 crore so far," he said.
Khan said the main aim and objective of conducting such awareness camps is to percolate information about numerous schemes launched for the welfare of these communities to the concerned people.
He asked the people of these communities to come forward to avail the benefits of these schemes launched by the government for setting up their income generating units for better livelihood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog