`J&K govt doing its bit for safe return of Kashmiri Pandits`
Jammu: While maintaining that Kashmiri Pandits are inseparable part of the state`s culture and ethos, Jammu and Kashmir minister Ali Mohammad Sagar on Thursday said the government "was doing its bit for their safe return".
"Kashmiri Pandits are inseparable part of state`s culture and ethos. J&K government is doing its bit for their safe return," state Rural Development minister Ali Mohammad Sagar said at a function organised by Pandit Prem Nath Bhat Memorial Trust here.
Recalling the contribution of Kashmiri Pandits in various fields, Sagar said they form an important part of the Kashmiri social fabric and the time was not far away when they would return back and contribute their bit to the state.
The minister said the government was abreast with the problems being faced by the community and several measures were being taken to redress the same at the earliest.
Sagar also distributed `Sammaan Patra` to the kin of those killed in the militancy related violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals