J&K govt employees begin 2-day strike
Jammu: Employees of Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday began their two-day strike, demanding grant of 6th pay commission arrears and enhancement of retirement age to 60.
"Two-day long strike of J&K government employees has begun today. The strike by all the government offices, PSU and corporations has paralysed the state administration today," said Ram Kumar, senior leader of Joint Consultative Committee (JCC) of J&K government employees.
The strike is in protest against the state government`s lop-sided, non-serious and dilly delaying tactics of not implementing agreed demands of grant of 6th pay commission arrears, increase in retirement age from 58 to 60 years
besides others, Kumar said.
There are over 4.5 lakh government employees apart from employees of various corporations, PSUs and autonomous bodies in Jammu and Kashmir.
As per the reports received from various parts of
state including Jammu, Kathua, Udhampur, Rajouri, Poonch,
Doda, Baderwah, Reasi Kishtwar, Samba, Srinagar, Pulwama,
Anantnag, Baralmulla, Kupwara, strike was held amid dharnas
and protest demonstrations, JCC said.
JCC is a conglomeration of over 50 different
associations, federations, unions and organisations of various
departments and PSUs in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered