J&K govt employees begin 2-day strike
Jammu: Employees of Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday began their two-day strike, demanding grant of 6th pay commission arrears and enhancement of retirement age to 60.
"Two-day long strike of J&K government employees has begun today. The strike by all the government offices, PSU and corporations has paralysed the state administration today," said Ram Kumar, senior leader of Joint Consultative Committee (JCC) of J&K government employees.
The strike is in protest against the state government`s lop-sided, non-serious and dilly delaying tactics of not implementing agreed demands of grant of 6th pay commission arrears, increase in retirement age from 58 to 60 years
besides others, Kumar said.
There are over 4.5 lakh government employees apart from employees of various corporations, PSUs and autonomous bodies in Jammu and Kashmir.
As per the reports received from various parts of
state including Jammu, Kathua, Udhampur, Rajouri, Poonch,
Doda, Baderwah, Reasi Kishtwar, Samba, Srinagar, Pulwama,
Anantnag, Baralmulla, Kupwara, strike was held amid dharnas
and protest demonstrations, JCC said.
JCC is a conglomeration of over 50 different
associations, federations, unions and organisations of various
departments and PSUs in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened