J&K govt extends winter vacation in Valley schools
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has extended the winter vacation of school students up to eighth standard in the Valley to March 11 in view of the prevailing cold condition.
"Winter vacation has been extended till March 11 for students of primary and middle schools," an official spokesman said.
The decision to extend the vacation was taken last night in view of the inclement weather and cold wave conditions in the Kashmir Valley, the spokesman said.
The schools, which were unexpectedly closed on November 30 last year (15 days ahead of the schedule), were to reopen on March 1 this year after three months of winter break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!