J&K govt extends winter vacation in Valley schools
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has extended the winter vacation of school students up to eighth standard in the Valley to March 11 in view of the prevailing cold condition.
"Winter vacation has been extended till March 11 for students of primary and middle schools," an official spokesman said.
The decision to extend the vacation was taken last night in view of the inclement weather and cold wave conditions in the Kashmir Valley, the spokesman said.
The schools, which were unexpectedly closed on November 30 last year (15 days ahead of the schedule), were to reopen on March 1 this year after three months of winter break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Who are you? Guide to top seeds` rivals at 2016 US Open
- Low oxygen level kills thousands of peanut bunker fish in Keansburg marina- Watch!
- Dilshan equalled services of Jayawardena, Sangakkara for Sri Lankan cricket: Mathews
- Egypt frees renowned rights lawyer Malek Adly
- Shankaracharya for 'plebiscite' on both sides of Kashmir