J&K govt extends winter vacation in Valley schools
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has extended the winter vacation of school students up to eighth standard in the Valley to March 11 in view of the prevailing cold condition.
"Winter vacation has been extended till March 11 for students of primary and middle schools," an official spokesman said.
The decision to extend the vacation was taken last night in view of the inclement weather and cold wave conditions in the Kashmir Valley, the spokesman said.
The schools, which were unexpectedly closed on November 30 last year (15 days ahead of the schedule), were to reopen on March 1 this year after three months of winter break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city