J&K govt extends winter vacation in Valley schools
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has extended the winter vacation of school students up to eighth standard in the Valley to March 11 in view of the prevailing cold condition.
"Winter vacation has been extended till March 11 for students of primary and middle schools," an official spokesman said.
The decision to extend the vacation was taken last night in view of the inclement weather and cold wave conditions in the Kashmir Valley, the spokesman said.
The schools, which were unexpectedly closed on November 30 last year (15 days ahead of the schedule), were to reopen on March 1 this year after three months of winter break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons