J&K govt extends winter vacation in Valley schools
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has extended the winter vacation of school students up to eighth standard in the Valley to March 11 in view of the prevailing cold condition.
"Winter vacation has been extended till March 11 for students of primary and middle schools," an official spokesman said.
The decision to extend the vacation was taken last night in view of the inclement weather and cold wave conditions in the Kashmir Valley, the spokesman said.
The schools, which were unexpectedly closed on November 30 last year (15 days ahead of the schedule), were to reopen on March 1 this year after three months of winter break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster