J&K govt fines unregistered hotels in Vaishnodevi
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has fined owners of unregistered hotels in Katra, base camp of Mata Vaishnodevi cave shrine, according to tourism department officials.
A team of tourism officials, headed by Assistant Director, Tourism, Vinakshi Koul, inspected various hotels in Katra town and levied fine of Rs 25,000 on unregistered hotels, the officials said.
Besides, instructions were issued to hoteliers to display rate lists, install fire-fighting equipment and maintain proper sanitation in the hotels, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai and Thane, BJP gains lead in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar