J&K govt fines unregistered hotels in Vaishnodevi
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has fined owners of unregistered hotels in Katra, base camp of Mata Vaishnodevi cave shrine, according to tourism department officials.
A team of tourism officials, headed by Assistant Director, Tourism, Vinakshi Koul, inspected various hotels in Katra town and levied fine of Rs 25,000 on unregistered hotels, the officials said.
Besides, instructions were issued to hoteliers to display rate lists, install fire-fighting equipment and maintain proper sanitation in the hotels, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’